(my pink polka dot PJs: found here)
It’s always great to go out with friends and check out different bars and restaurants, but once in a while, it’s equally fun to have a girl’s night in. That’s just what I did with my besties…but took it up a notch. I hosted a “Summer Adult Slumber Party” and let me tell you it was a blast and I highly recommend it for you ladies out there. It made us feel like kids again when we would have sleep-overs!
So how do you successfully host an adult slumber party? Here are my tips to have a fun night in:
- Theme: I decided to create a theme for the slumber party to make it more fun, and went with a “Summer” theme before Fall rolls around
- Decor: I got floral and pink items to go with my summer theme. I also got these fabulous cat eye party props!
- Drinks: absolutely crucial for an “adult” slumber party. We had a great variety of wine, liquor, and beer. I also decided to create a custom drink for the special night called the “Sleeping Beauty” (vodka, orange juice, cherry juice, lemon juice).
- Food & Snacks: make sure to have some snacks so when your friends arrive, they can munch on them with the drinks. I’ve gotten into guacamole making recently, so I made fresh guacamole. I also got cheese, meat and crackers, and almonds. I ALWAYS have bowls of Hershey Kisses on my coffee table, which adds a personal touch. For food, we decided to do pizzas since everyone loves pizza and it’s easy to do.
- Music: Have a great selection of music playing to get the party started
- Games: besides catching up with each other, it’s a great idea to have fun games to play. One of my favorites is Cards Against Humanity…if you haven’t yet played it, PLAY IT! Trust me, it’s super entertaining.
- Dessert: obviously I have a huge sweet tooth and got cupcakes for my ladies, and decorated them with flower toothpics.
- Movie: end the night with a fun movie, like Magic Mike! What girl doesn’t want to see that?! And don’t forget the popcorn!
- Morning after: since your friends will be staying over, make sure you have something for them to eat in the morning. I had coffee, muffins, and croissants for my ladies.
I hope these tips will help you plan your next adult slumber party!
Till next time,