10. Strive to positively inspire others and to be memorable. This is my daily mentality. I’m always striving to make someone’s day brighter, to inspire greatness in others, and to encourage a positive spirit. And through that I hope to be memorable and leave a great lasting impression.
30 Flirty & Thriving
I am SO excited to finally turn 30 and have been looking forward to it for a while. It has been quite a journey to this point in my life and I have accomplished more than I could have imagined.
As true with most of us, my 20s were all about experimenting, trying out life paths, making mistakes, starting meaningful friendships, finding love and going through heartbreaks, exploring passions, and figuring out who I am. It was full of ? questions marks.
Now at 30 I’m at an amazing point in my life. I know who I am, what I want, and where I’m heading. I think my 30s will be SPECTACULAR and I will keep making my dreams a reality. And though there will still be surprises along the way, I have wisdom, a thick skin, and a strong heart, and know I will indulge in the good ones and overcome the bad ones. I foresee a lot of exclamation points!
So with that being said, I wanted to share with you 10 life lessons. These are a combination of lessons I’ve learned, my personality in general, and what I inspire to be every single day. They have made me the person I am today, and let me continue living a good and happy life…
9. Optimism and happiness are contagious. I find joy and excitement in every day’s little things that most people don’t even think twice about – that’s just me. I’ve noticed that such enthusiasm is contagious and others around me get excited about various things too. It helps when we get busy or stressed, and we can find joy in life’s every day things.
8. Don’t settle for good enough. Settle for extraordinary and the impossible, because when you make the impossible present in your life, you will never regret it. Whether it’s a job, a partner, or something you’ve always wanted to have or experience, it usually requires the harder route to get to it…take that route! Nothing amazing comes easy and you can’t settle for good enough.
7. Life is all about timing. So much in my life has been about timing. Certain people come into your life at the right time, a job opportunity presents itself when it’s supposed to, etc. Not knowing what’s around the corner is part of what makes life exciting.
6. Greatness happens outside your comfort zone. This has been so true for me! It’s not easy being out of your shell and bubble. When you accept that being uncomfortable is ok and gain enough confidence to step out of that comfort zone and what you’re used to, you experience and accomplish incredible things.
5. Be kind. I give all credit for this to my parents, the most selfless, kindest people I know. I’ve learned that there is a lot of hatred and bitter hearts out there, but I always strive to be kind no matter what. I never mirror that ugliness because no good comes from that. Only love and kindness matters.
4. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people. It really is true…you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. In the past decade, I’ve intentionally surrounded myself with happy, successful, and supportive people who care about me and want the best for me, and I do in turn for them. It leaves little time and energy for negativity. This ties in with #9 as these great characteristics are contagious among those you surround yourself with.
3. Trust your instincts, always! I always listen to that little voice inside my head. Logic can only go so far in my opinion, and my instincts have never failed me. They haven’t always made sense at the time, and weren’t the easiest decisions made, but they made sense later and I have very little regrets.
2. Work hard to make your dreams and passions a reality. I’m happy with my life and have slowly made my dreams come true because I work hard and take myself out of my comfort zone to expose myself to new things. Long ago I created a vision board of what I wanted in my life, which at the time didn’t seem like a big deal. I framed that board and hung it by my bed to see it every day. Over the past decade, subconsciously I have obtained and accomplished things on that board, and still continue to do so. Anything I’ve wanted, I’ve gone after it full force and I surpassed any criticism and negativity along the way by doing #4 – surrounding myself with people that supported those dreams.
And finally, the most important lesson that not only I learned but has become a part of me…
1. Fall in love with yourself first. The moment in my life when this clicked in my head, it made a significant and profound difference. When you truly love yourself, and by that I mean being completely happy with the person you are, only then can you love other people, love your job, love your surroundings, and ultimately your life. Only then can #2-10 happen. Accept your flaws, learn from your mistakes, and love your unique self. Then you will naturally fall in love with everything around you, and that’s a great feeling!
I had a fabulous birthday celebration at Novela with dear family, friends and colleagues. And delicious cupcakes provided by Kara’s Cupcakes!
Till next time,
XO, Birthday Girl
*Golden Gate photos by Rachel Radcliffe
**30 balloon by iheartballoonart
(Visited 233 times, 1 visits today)