It’s a new year and that means resolutions. But I have to say I’ve never been one to make a new year’s resolution…I think it’s unrealistic to have just 1 massive “resolution” and putting pressure on yourself to achieve it by the end of that year. Instead, I like to create LIFESTYLE GOALS. I think of 1-2 goals for each part of my life that I’d like to achieve that will help me become a better version of myself. Having said that, I’m sharing 3 easy ways to help you achieve your goals.
How I set goals for the new year
Like I said, I don’t set 1 resolution, I set goals in every area of my life to ultimately live my best life. By “area” I mean different parts of my life. Those are career, relationships, health, wealth, and personal development. I asses where I’m at in life, what I’ve accomplished, and what I still need to attain. Then I set 1-2 REALISTIC and ACHIEVABLE goals per area that I can work on on a DAILY BASIS. This mindset has worked for me because rather than just 1 resolution, I focus on goals that become part of my life style and help me live my best life in the long-run.
5 easy ways to achieve your goals
Now that you have set your goals for every area of your life, you need to work on them on a daily basis so that over time your reach those goals. Otherwise they are simply dreams! And though it may seem daunting or overwhelming, it’s actually much simpler than you think. Here are 5 easy ways that have helped me achieve my goals:
- Set realistic goals – you’ll feel more accomplished if you set goals that are achievable over the course of the year and onwards.
- Write them down – there is something quite fascinating about writing things down. It frees up your mind and when you put your thoughts and goals on paper, you’re forced to look at them often.
- Check-in with yourself every 3 months – it’s important to check in with yourself every so often and evaluate your progress. This will give you sense of accomplishment and celebrating the small wins will add up to feeling better in the long run.
- Ask for advice/do research – no one ever became successful at anything by themselves. Do research on the internet, ask people who support you for advice, and learn from the best (no need to reinvent the wheel).
- Give yourself a break! – this is important because accomplishing goals is about progress, not perfection. It’s a process and in some ways a lifestyle. So if you’re not seeing results immediately, do not be hard on yourself or get down. And if you need to take a break here and there, do it.
I hope these tips help you achieve whatever your goals are!